Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Everwood

I am compelled to introduce to you all the awesomeness of Everwood. I am not saying compelled lightly either- I have just been writing this blog post in my head for possibly the last half hour, planning to write it up in the morning after my post-Everwood fest rest. But it's 6.17am now and I clearly can't sleep without doing this so...

I'm no good at blurb's so perhaps my own story of how I discovered Everwood will explain enough. It was just a couple of happy accidents that made the show catch my eye. Kam-X's doppelganger is known as Amy Abbott and I wanted to know what this TV version of Neelofer was like. But that odd Tuesday evening showing couldn't hook me- it was only when I stumbled upon the day/nightly 1.50-2.40am slot that the obsession began. Friends and family can testify- I became hardcore after only two nights. I'd stay up late for it (which played merry hell with my body clock) Or I'd more sensibly take a nap beforehand. At MD's house I even sacrificed a perfectly serviceable bed to crash on a non-sleep friendly sofa for it.

Yet all this time I was on my own- seen as a lone fanatic by those I raved to. All that has now changed. I was overjoyed to receive my ebay-pirate Season 1, and I'm now delighted to declare I have company. The Kalam clan, most notably a certain Fendi-flogging Dentist, embraced Everwood to the same unhealthy degree that I did. Of the past 72 hours at least 20 have been spent in Everwood fests- the last of which ended for me roughly an hour ago. The Designer, sorry, Quality-loving Dentist has already taken on the mission of acquiring Season 2 (new dvd released today in the US which is clearly fate. Also 3.25am showings from next Weds on Livingtv, and the download option) as well as of introducing her Gold-Trafficking Mama to it all.

So if any of you is curious to know what the fuss is about call me and we'll work out when to have our next Everwood Fest. I'm afraid it must be a Fest for reasons that will eventually become clear. And believe me this is worth it- I haven't been killing myself (and missing lectures) over nothing. I can't explain the story to you or even begin to give you a hint- I'm not the person to sell it to you... but I guarantee you would appreciate.

Wow it's 6.59 now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home