Monday, August 22, 2005

Panorama and the MCB

I'm far too lazy to do a breakdown of exactly how maddening THIS http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/4171950.stm was. Full of spooky music and sinister mug shots of MCB leaders this John Ware guy was ramming secular arrogance down our throats. Trying to convince us that every Muslim organisation in the world is extremist, fundo and The Enemy in fact- case in point Jamaate-islaami and Maulana Mawdudi "In Mawdudi's ideal Islamic state, private and public life would be inseparable. In this respect it would bear "A kind of resemblance to the fascist and communist states" "

I've never seen anyone so ready to take things out of context or sceptical of allowing religion to involve actual guidelines for life (preposterous I know!) Why he thought himself capable of exploring Muslim attitudes when he is so far from grasping their values Allah only knows. But that programme got me fighting mad- my battle cry was "Pull off his wig!"
A personal remark I know, but it made me laugh which was better then threateningly slamming an Appletizer bottle into my palm, which hurt.

I did a high flown comment- anonymously because I didn't want the sweet harmony lovin gal on the lincolnshire page to be shown up in her true colours as a ranter (when she wakes up from apathy) Plus I felt like being melodramatic but it's a bit embarassing.

My comment :
What an ill-judged and horribly unfair programme... Why seek to further strain relations between British Muslims and the wider community- through attacking those who are struggling to build bridges between the two no less! Debate has only been provoked by this sensationalist journalism because it has hurt and angered the moderate Muslim community by insinuating our views and our faith are fundamentally sinister. It is irresponsible and cruel, and I was totally shocked to see such unethical and pointedly biased reporting from the BBC

I think I was most mad because between awwing over the sweet brs or clapping for dudes like br Inayat I had to watch them be skewered by that rude man's edit button and leading Q's. Ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariamazmi said...

yes, and Sir Iqbal Sacrani too, poor guy.

9:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home