Thursday, April 02, 2009

Stormy Weather

Seems like Sarajevo is aspiring to cover all weather bases in one week. We had the height of summer yesterday, and now we have dark stormy thunder and lightening- I was soaked in the two minutes from tram to the flat and it seems like most people have been huddled under various tunnel and shop roofs for the last hour. We've also had pristine snowfall and an earthquake to boot so far this week so I'm not sure what there is left- spring, summer and deep winter have all been covered nicely, only autumn hasn't joined the party.

Happily I am able to document photo footage of the varying landscape and it's oddities thanks to the extraordinary generosity of my new norwegian bosnian antropologist friend who has lent me her 8mp canon. I have also sourced a spice dealer within the school- a teacher who studied in Malaysia and is well-versed in the asian culinary arts. It's not easy to find this stuff but she gave me a jar filled with elachi, bay leaves, coriander seeds, aniseed and other things that fill me with gladness. Contacts are everything..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sunderland A said...

You're talking about contacts and dealers now are you? Highly shifty stuff me reckons :p

11:48 pm  
Blogger warm as toast said...

lol rest assured my dealer is a sweetheart- nothing like the dodgy henna pusher you played.

8:19 am  
Anonymous Mad Cow said...

Wow, congrats on the camera.
Looking forward to seeing lots of photos!

12:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home